We hope you have all had a lovely summer.
Louise and I have taken a slightly longer than planned summer break from litter-picking but we a re-starting the monthly community clean ups /social in the Hope Play Space and playground in Finsbury Park again.
Our next clean up with be this Saturday October 7th from 10:30am – 12:30pm. As before, our intention is to hold them on the first Saturday of the every month at this time.
We will have bin bags, litter pickers, gloves & rakes supplied by the parks service but bring your own gloves if you can. Extra rakes are also useful.
We will also have a simple craft activity for children & refreshments will be provided. Cakes for sharing are always welcome.
We have requested 2500 bulbs (last year we planted 1000) from Haringey which we hope will be delivered in time for our next clean up on 4th November. We will be planting these in and around the Hope Play Space during our next two clean ups as well as organising planting sessions with children from Stroud Green Primary School.
Plans going forward:
- There is a new park manager that we are trying to connect with so we can see how best we can support the park going forward.
- We are hoping that Haringey will provide us with bulbs again so we can plant even more bulbs this year (1000 planted last December)
- Apply for a community small grant from Haringey for refreshments/crafts/tools (current funding has finished)
- Up until now the group has been very informal, made up of local park users and families from Stroud Green School keen to meet others and do our bit to improve the park whilst our children run around. We intend to keep it that way but would also welcome ideas as to if/how we should develop the group.
- If you would like to help us organise the sessions on a regular basis then please contact us. This will mean we can aim to run the group every month.
Please tell anyone you know who is interested!
Many thanks for your support and we look forward to seeing you all soon,
Louise and Juliette