Please come along and support our second community clean up of the ‘rocky area’ (Richard Hope Space Picnic and Play Area) in Finsbury Park on Saturday 5th November from 10.30am – 12.30pm.
Our first clean up was a great success and we are now planning more dates on the first Saturday of each month. We have applied for 1000+ bulbs from Haringey Council to fill the space with flowers for spring, and a small grant to fund refreshments and arts activities for volunteers in future.
- Please bring gloves and a garden trowel if you can.
- Litter pickers & black bags provided.
As it’s bonfire night we would also like to have have some seasonal soup and sparklers so any flasks of soup to share will be very welcome!
We are now planning to meet on the first Saturday of the month from 10.30am -12.30pm for our Community Clean Up. We have also applied for some bulbs and extra funding to purchase more litter pickers and clean up equipment from Haringey Council. We are hoping to plant some bulbs in and around the Hope Space as well as looking at the flower beds in the McKenzie Flower Garden.
We have planned the following dates so far but will update details once we know if we have funding etc as we would like to try and do some kids activities. Please put them in your diaries!
Community Clean Up Dates 2016/2017:
- 3/12/16 – Community Clean Up, Bulb Planting, Winter/Festive Tree Dressing
- 7/1/17 – New Year Community Clean up – ‘New Hope..Clean Park’
- 4/2/17 – Community Clean Up – further details to follow
- 4/3/17 – Community Clean Up
- 1/4/17 – Community Clean Up
- 6/5/17 – Community Clean up
Please spread the word & thank you for your support!