This Privacy Notice sets out how Thefriendsoffinsburypark.org.uk uses and protects any personal data that you give when you use this website. It also explains how we store this data and keep it safe. Thefriendsoffinsburypark.org.uk is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have and but if not, please do get in touch with us. We may change or update this policy on occasion so please check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 25th May 2018
Our Legal bases for using personal information
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data.
- You have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose. For example, if you contact us using our contact form, My Wireless Experience or any other contact form on our website with a query or enquiry, we would use the information you provide to contact you.
- If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
- For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting the Thefriendsoffinsburypark.org.uk to the police.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of the Friends of Finsbury Park and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests
For example, if you have opted in to our mailing list we will use your address details to send you park related information we think might interest you by email or post.
When do we collect your personal data
- When you visit our website and fill in an online enquiry via our contact form.
- When you visit our website and fill in an any of our online incident forms such as My Wireless Experience.
- When you join the Friends of Finsbury Park.
- When you email us directly.
- When you comment or engage with us on social media.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
The Types of Personal Information We Collect
Details of any communication or interactions you have with us if you get in touch using any of our online enquiry and contact forms.
How and why we use your personal data
- When you join the Friends of Finsbury Park we will keep your membership details on record for as long as you are a member. You can cancel your membership at anytime by contacting us
- To respond to your queries and requests, when you contact us.
- Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best communication and understanding how we can improve our help more based on your experience. Any communication may be kept on record for a reasonable time to help us deal with your query effectively.
To protect us from fraud or any kind of illegal activity.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details you provide to keep you informed by email or phone.
- To send you communications required by law. For example; any significant updates to our Privacy Notice.
What we do to protect your personal data
We know how important data security is to you so we are treat your personal information with the utmost care and are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or misuse of your data, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. For example;
- Every page and area on the website is secured using ‘https’ security technology.
- We use the latest security and hosting packages to prevent any cyber attack or security breach.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised.
- If you are a member of the Friends of Finsbury Park we will keep your personal data such as your name, address and contact details for as long as your membership is active. If you would like to cancel your membership at anytime, please contact us.
- If you get in touch via our contact form, the personal information you provide may be kept on record for a reasonable time to help us deal with your query effectively.
What are your rights regarding your personal data
- You can ask us for a copy of any personal information we hold about you at any time.
- You can inform us of any changes to your personal information, or if you want us to correct any of the personal information we hold about you.
- Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, such as via an online enquiry form, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
- To ask for your information to be amended, please contact us.
Contacting the regulator
If you have a concern about the way we have handled your personal information, or are not happy with any response to an enquiry, you have a right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office to lodge a complaint.
You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113 or visit or go online to www.ico.org.uk
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
If you have any questions at all please get in touch anytime by using our contact form
The Friends of Finsbury Park is a registered charity and a Company limited by guarantee.
Company number: 4343874
Charity number: 1104450
Copyright © 2016 The Friends of Finsbury Park, All rights reserved.